James Bodanis is a full-time culinary professor in the School of Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism.
He is the team manager and coach for Team Humber, who will be competing in the IKA Culinary Olympics in Germany in October 2016. In the past, James has been a coach and mentor for the Saputo Ontario Junior Championship. He is a member of the CCFCC Honour Society, and a three-time Culinary Team Ontario Member at the IKA Olympics for 2000, 2004, and 2008 – winning gold and silver.
James is a past Chairman of the Toronto Escoffier Society, and a past President of the Canadian Culinary Federation’s Toronto Branch. Some more his accomplishments include:
1. Former Executive Chef / Food and Beverage Director at the Hilton Suites Hotel
2. Grand Gold Recipient, Niagara Chefs Competition
3. Gold Medal Recipient, Toronto Chefs Competition
4. Member of Les Toques Blanches Toronto
5. Selection Chair, Eastern Region, Knorr Junior Competition (2004)
6. Coach and Mentor, Ontario Knorr Junior Champion (2007)
7. Coach and Mentor, National Knorr Junior Champion (2007)
8. Coach and Mentor, Ontario Chaine des Rotisseurs Champion 2008
9. Coach and Mentor, Double Gold Medal Recipients, Toronto Culinary Salon
10. Certified Canadian Culinary Judge, CCFCC