Chef Kire is a certified Chef De Cuisine, who graduated from Culinary Management at Humber College in 2003 with honours. He also received the Gay Lea Award for Leadership. Following his accomplishments at Humber, he continued to win several more throughout the years. Some of these include:
1. 2003 Toronto Culinary Salon Category Winner and Gold Medalist
2. 2003 Ontario Junior Cook Off-Silver Medalist
3. 2004 Toronto Culinary Salon Gold medalist Best in Show Grand Gold
4. 2004 Ontario Cook Off Bronze Medalist
5. 2005 Culinary Salon Category Winner and Gold Medalist
6. 2005 Culinary Cook Off Silver Medalist
7. 2006 Culinary Salon Silver Medalist
8. 2015 Canadian Culinary Salon Bronze Medalist
Chef Kire began to develop his career before graduating, working for the Hilton Suites in Markham, Ontario from 2002 to 2006. He then spent a year working at Nottawasaga Inn as an Alliston Sous Chef.
From 2007-2009 Kire was an Executive Sous Chef for York Downs Golf and Country Club. Continuing for clubs, he later became a Sous/Acting Chef for Granite Club from 2007 until 2010.
Becoming an LTD Executive Chef was next on his list as he served as a Java Caterer for one year after leaving Granite Club. From 2011 to 2012, Kire was the Corporate Chef for IM Hospitality and Airport. Currently, Kire is a Sous Chef for Woodbine Entertainment and has been since 2012.
Kire will be competing as a member of The Humber College Culinary Team at the IKA Culinary Olympics in October 2016.