Active & Healthy Senior Living (Retirement Homes) Operations
Certificate of Completion | AH911
This program is being updated. We look forward to offering it by January 2020.
The Canadian retirement home industry is expected to double in the next five years, as we experience a surge in baby boomers aging. This rapid expansion is creating an industry-wide need for qualified staff and retirement home managers.
This program is ideal for those already in the seniorl living industry and want to increase their level of responsibility or move up, and those desiring to capitalize on related industries (recreation, hospitality, nutrition, and sales to name a few) in order to shift career paths. Students will spend up to 7.5 hours per week on course materials, allowing for the continuation of full-time careers.
Graduates of this program will be prepared for an operations leadership role within a retirement home residence. Humber’s Active & Healthy Senior Living Operations (Retirement Home Management) program prepares you for an industry role through:
- A Guided Mentorship Program that allows students to link academic learning to real industry experiences through interactions with industry experts
- Our instructors and industry partners, all current industry professionals, ensuring that content is current and relevant
- Most components delivered online with a hands-on and practical experience approach to learning applied through the use of technology, an on-campus 4-day stay, and our Guided Mentor Program
- Courses including finance, operations management (including the regulatory framework in retirement homes), sales and marketing, human resources/leadership, and an in-depth emphasis on senior wellness, recreation, and nutrition
- Flexibility as students can choose single courses for personal development or complete all 6 courses in order to gain their certificate in Active & Healthy Senior Living Operations (Retirement Home Management)